Monday, July 23, 2012

PJ Star First Swimming Meet

On Saturday, July 21st, I went to a swimming meet at Peoria Central Pool, Paww.

On the car ride, I ate one bagel and some water.  After we got there my mom took a long time to park the car. I changed and didn't know where to go.

Then someone walked me to the coach and said that I had to go to the deep pool without lanes to do warm ups. After that, I got a tag for my bag. A coach told me to bring my bag outside not in my locker so I did.

I asked the coach with only relays because I didn't know what the coach knew about me: relays or events or anything because it was my first meet. I was only in free relay. I asked what was my first relay. It was event 8.

I laid my towel on the ground and rested there bored until it was my event. I took off my wet underwear I was wearing. I didn't notice because my Mom told me to take off my pants and put on my swim suit at 6:30 in the morning.

I went outside because a coach told me to. I waited until I had to sit on the bleachers and waited for my name to be called. Once it was I kind of knew that I was in lane 8.

After we went inside and dove, It was free style. I ended a 50y in 50 minutes. After that I asked the coach what was my next event. It was 12. I got Gatorade and water. I barely drank anything when my next event 12 was already there and was late when they called me that time. I was doing back stroke. I repeated the steps. My time was 1:05. I went to the coach and they told me that it was event 16. I knew it was counting by 4s. I went back to my towel. The next was short too but after I went to the bathroom, the coach told me to go outside. I was in lane 6 now and breath stroke. I dove and my goggles covered my eyes mostly and I didn't put my head back in for 1 25y. But the last few strokes I did and finished finally. My time was 1:06, 1 second slower than back stroke. I got to the coaches and they said my final event event was event 30, free relay. I could take a long break. I always focused on the only thing I could do, drink.

After I was almost done with my Gatorade, I poured water into my Gatorade and Gatorade into my water making it orange. Then I poured water into my Gatorade bottle, filling it. I kept doing that until I finished the water bottle. I poured almost all the Gatorade into the water bottle. The Gatorade bottle was bigger so that happened. I drank all the left over Gatorade. I poured the Gatorade into the Gatorade bottle. And soon figured out I made my own timer 7 seconds long. I kept and kept playing with it with another person and after we spilled, I got more water and played with it and eating crackers with two people and the relay begun. I made a flip turn and hit the lane line and slowly kept swimming until I got there. I finished the relay and changed into my clothes and left finally.

I changed my 92 mistakes after I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment